Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October Monthly Summary

Neary commented on Group 3 & Group 4 Monthly Summary Blogs.
October Monthly Summary
The month of October has flown by! I actually had to look at my planner to see what all specifically has been accomplished in this month! It seems like just yesterday I was writing my September monthly summary!
The month started off with our Program Investigation being due our team (Group 2: Environment & Context) worked together for the first time. Everything and everyone worked well together. I was very pleased at how well things worked out between all three of us being graduate students with different day-to-day schedules. Each of us brought a different view to the table and helped provide our team with multiple perspectives on environment and context in adult learning. This month focus shifted to assignments and less emphasis was on the reading materials, books, videos, etc. Even though we still had some reading, it was nice to take what we have been learning this semester and apply it.
Also due this month was the Syllabus Design. This was definitely one of the most challenging things I have done in my graduate studies because I have no experience in creating any syllabus, lesson plan, or anything of that sort. It was difficult to start, but I used the required reading materials from this course and they provided a very good foundation and suggestions. Our team ended up designing a syllabus for a seminar for facilitators using ‘real life’ environment in the classroom. After completing the seminar syllabus- I saw how much I have learned from this class. The skills I have learned would not have been acquired if I had not taken a course outside of my program. I am very excited to continue on with the class and see what the month of November brings!

1 comment:

  1. You group did a very thorough and excellent syllabus design! I am glad you have learned a lot from this class!

    ReplyDelete