Monday, December 2, 2013

November Monthly Summary


Neary Commented on Group 3 & Group 6 Monthly Summary.
WOW- I can’t believe this month is already over. There was so much going on; it felt like it flew by with no break. This month we had many readings that covered topics including: physical learning, relationships in learning, distance learning, working with groups, evaluation, training costs, and training consultants. All of these topics helped piece together everything discussed over the course of the semester. During November, two large assignments were due: the Syllabus Evaluation and Project Demonstration. For the Syllabus Evaluation, our team had 3 educators evaluate our syllabus design; therefore, which resulted in great feedback and recommendations to strengthen our syllabus even further. The project demonstration required our group to look at all the hard work we completed over the semester and ‘bring it all together.’ After finishing the project demonstration, a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I am not sure how my other classmates felt, but I was and still am relieved. This course has taken a large amount of dedication, time, and hard work to complete. I’m so thankful that I took this class as an elective because I learned so much about teaching adult learners- without this course; I would not be as knowledgeable. I am very grateful that I had a great team member, Laura Black! Laura- was a wonderful contributor and hardworking individual, without her things would not have been done nearly as well. Also, Professor Bo Chang helped by always been available and easily to contact no matter the hours of the day or night! The last assignment to complete during the month of December is the Reflection Paper! 

2 comments:

  1. This class is an elective course for me as well, and I am so glad I took this class. What I learned from weekly discussions and group projects definitely would help my future career. I also glad we have Dr.Bo as our professor because she is a great source for help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that I was relieved after the assignment was done! I just have the reflection paper to write and it will be the end of the semester. I think this was a great class as well. It did help me learn how to teach adults which is different from the preschoolers I teach now! I think you guys have done a wonderful job this semester! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete