Saturday, November 30, 2013

Laura's November Monthly Summary

Laura commented on Group 3 and Group 4
November Summary

I didn't think it was possible for November to go faster than October, but it happened! The past few weeks have been increasingly busier preparing for the holidays. We spent time collecting, revising, and reflecting on past assignments to create our final project demonstration. This has been a very productive month for me in terms of reflecting. It helped a lot to review our individual and group assignments and make the necessary improvements. All of the projects throughout the semester have created a very cohesive demonstration.

I really enjoyed working on the syllabus evaluation. There was invaluable information given when we had three different evaluators review our syllabus. It was incredibly helpful to get advice from educators and facilitators that have been to numerous seminars or even facilitated seminars in the past. We were able to reflect on the positives and revise the potential challenges involved in our syllabus design. It was encouraging to receive praise for certain portions of our syllabus design and incredibly helpful to have other parts critiqued so that the syllabus could be adjusted to better fit all participants.

The weekly discussions and videos were very informative. I especially enjoyed learning about the different ways that peers have been involved in distance learning. Additionally, my introduction to voice thread was very positive. In fact, I plan on using voice thread in my classroom in the near future…very cool!
Moving ahead to the month of December, Katelyn and I will begin reflecting on the semester as we write our own reflections about adult learning theories and how we can connect them to the practical world. I feel lucky to have a partner that is organized, very dependable, and communicates well. All of these attributes made it incredibly easy to work with Katelyn. I've had a very positive experience working with Katelyn!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about the experiences I have had in this course for the month of November! There was so much going on in my personal life but I am appreciative to be able to continue on! I learned about subjects from: physical learning, and going from group work to individual group and evaluating our work. This month brought together subjects that we have been studying and see how it applies. The questions that were asked in group discussions and the links to videos and the online discussion with the whole class really helped expand my understand of the All of these topics helped piece together everything discussed over the course of the semester. November had a few bigger assignments including the Syllabus Evaluation which I was thrown into doing by myself last minute. This was a challenge but I found great feed back and felt really good about my evaluation and changes that I suggested to be made. I felt renewed and ready for the rest of the semester! I am grateful for my group I was apart of and the work they put in and allowed me to contribute to their knowledge. I gained a lot from their experience and suggestions. It was a hard month because my sister passed away, however, I am grateful for our professor who was understanding and allowed me a way to continue on in this course. That is what adult education is all about. I experienced it first hand and am appreciative for the lessons learned this month! I look forward to reflecting on the semester and writing that paper!

    ReplyDelete